Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books From My Childhood That I Would Love To Revisit





This weeks topic is Ten Books From My Childhood That I Would Love To Revisit


1& 2.   Growing up I used to share these beautiful editions of Grimm's and Anderson's Fairy Tales with my sisters.  My family was big on hand me downs and it applied to the books that we read too.  Although, whenever Scholastic had a book fair, we each got to pick out a book.    Sometimes, it even led to some arguments over who the owner of the book was, eventually we learned to write our names inside our books.   I wish I could recall who the publisher was and the edition that I read as a child, but sadly I think these books are long gone from my parents house.  

3 & 4.
  304917  428328
Are You There God?  It's Me, Margaret and Otherwise Known As Sheila the Great by Judy Blume  Loved these books as a child, but haven't revisited it in years.  

5 & 6  
77767 776984  I used to read and re-read the whole series every year growing up, these where some of my favorites that I especially would love to read again.  

7  
 19307 
I'm gonna cheat here a little bit.  I've re-visited  Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren, but have yet to read any of the others in the series.  I so adore Pippi and would love to read In The South Seas about the rest of her adventures.  

8 & 9
   920982 1450682 
Ellen Tebbits and Beezus and Ramona by Beverly Cleary ahh, I loved these books.  Mine became so dog eared and really needs to be replaced. 

10
6781999 I suppose I could pick any of the Nancy Drew books in the series, I haven't re-read any of them.  But, I keep thinking that someday I will. 


I just noticed that I picked out all the original covers for the books that I owned, I'm sure there are newer ones now, I may need to go back and see how they've changed over the years.  

So what books are on your lists of books to revisit?  Fill free to share your links in the comments.   

6 comments:

  1. The Little House on the Prairie series is awesome!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/03/top-10-books-from-my-childhood-or-teen.html

    Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these are big favorites of mine, too. Though I must admit I always liked Henry Huggins more than Beezus and Ramona!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed Henry Huggins too, but I got to read it with my kiddo again recently :)

      Delete
  3. Ramona, Nancy Drew, and Laura Ingalls were a big part of my childhood. I remember the Little House books were the ones that my mom used as bait to get me hooked on reading, which didn't work very well. I made it about halfway through Little House in the Big Woods five or six times and I never really liked it. When she hit The Chronicles of Narnia, though... Book nerd for life. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what my kiddo would pick as books from childhood in the teen/adult years? I've still never read all of Chronicles of Narnia, not sure if I just never saw it in the library or that I moved on to teen books. Have to remedy that sometime too.

      Delete
  4. This is the first post on this topic that I have actually read every book on the list! So exciting to see and you mentioned many of my favorites from growing up. Ellen Tebbits is one of my top 5 from childhood. I would love to revisit some of these as an adult. Thanks for the reminder to add them to my reading list. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete