Thursday, March 26, 2015

Top Ten Books: Recently Added To My To-Be-Read List


This weeks topic is Ten Books Recently Added to My To-Be-Read List


79971083672823347021


1.  Rook by Daniel O'Malley  This is the blurb from Goodreads that had me wanting to read this:  "The body you are wearing used to be mine." So begins the letter Myfanwy Thomas is holding when she awakes in a London park surrounded by bodies all wearing latex gloves. With no recollection of who she is, Myfanwy must follow the instructions her former self left behind to discover her identity and track down the agents who want to destroy her." 

2.  The Forbidden Library by Diango Wexler  Mysterious library, books, talking cat, yep sounds good.  

3. The Castaways of the Flying Dutchman was recommended by fellow middle grade book blogger Erik Weibel at http://thiskidreviewsbooks.com/ after hearing that I enjoyed Brian Jacques Redwall series.

2292954017404295 
13132816


4.  I added Ice Like Fire, because it is the sequel to Snow Like Ashes, which I've just started reading. 

5.  Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway  Two best friends since childhood are reunited after one of them was kidnapped by their father. Sounded interesting

6.  Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George is a historical fiction set in Romania, it includes shape-shifters, romance, plus she wrote Tuesdays at the Castle a MG I enjoyed reading.



2285614624951698

7.  The Island of Dr. Libris by Chris Grabenstein, he wrote Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library which I enjoyed.   

8.  The Wrinkled Crown by Anne Nesbet I read a post she did for Project Middle Grade Mayhem about research she does for her books and reading a nineteenth century book on instrument making for The Wrinkled Crown. 


2371942722639095

9 &10  I love the covers and both of them make we want to read the books right now.  




8 comments:

  1. I still haven't read Mr. Lemoncello but I've been wanting too. I'll have to add The Island of Dr. Libris to my TBR as well as The Forbidden Library. I cannot resist books with the word library in the title! Jessica Day George is also an author I've been wanting to try. I've heard great things about her Tuesdays in the Castle series. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Silver in the Blood sounds so good, and Tuesday's in the Castle was such fun. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, they all look so fun! Silver in the Blood is the one I'm really looking forward to this summer. *be still my heart*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Silver in the Blood, so looking forward to it!

      Delete
  3. Lovely collection; I have to read many of them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your list, Brenda! Silver in the Blood is my Waiting on Wednesday pick for today. I had no idea Chris Grabenstein had a new book out--I'm off to add it to my TBR now!

    ReplyDelete