Top Ten Tuesday is a Meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish This week's Top Ten Tuesday is Top Ten Books I've Recently Added to my TBR, in no particular order
1. Finding Perfect by Elly Swartz
2. Gertie's Leap to Greatness by Kate Beasley Gertie is said to be "The new Ramona Quimby." Okay, for that alone I added it to the TBR.
3. Crown of Three: The Lost Realm by
J.D. Rinehart This is the second book in the series. The first foretold of a prophecy, has some intrigue and some good fight scene's. Here's a link to my review for the first book.
4. Counting Thyme by Melanie Conklin
I first heard of this at The Hiding Spot where the author was doing a preorder campaign and donating proceeds of each sale to Cookies for Kids Cancer. This sounds like a very memorable, heartwarming story.
5. This year for the Cybils, I had the opportunity to read a genre that I often don't read much from, science fiction (with titles like MiNRS, Mars Evacuees and Masterminds). Bounders by Monica Tesler seemed to have an interesting premise and fit in nicely with the one's that I've read recently.
6. Hour of The Bees by Lindsay Eagar
I think I saw this on a Twitter post. A girl and her grandpa, storytelling, dementia. Why am I drawn to these realistic fiction books so?
7. The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, aged 13 3/4 by Sue Townsend Not sure where I found this one, but I was intrigued by the title, premise and it seemed like it would be a funny read. One to explore further.
8. The Classy Crooks Club by Alison Cherry
I found this one on a giveaway from Goodreads. What a cute cover and there are grandmother's who instead of playing bridge, have a "heist club."
9. Fridays with the Wizards by Jessica Day George
It's Jessica Day George and Castle Glower, yep need to continue this series.
10. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
I saw this one on a bunch of Top ten lists, so call me curious.
And one more I added by Becky Albertalli , which doesn't have a title yet, but is "a loose companion to Simon, starring the friends and family Abby left behind in D.C."
So, what books did you add to your TBR list recently? Feel free to comment and add links to your Top ten list.
Always love seeing your list. I'll be featuring some of these authors on my blog.
How exciting, have to keep an eye out for them! Always love reading the interviews.
Truthwitch is very popular, and on my tbr list also! Enjoy!
I read Hour of the Bees and it was beautiful! Magical realism is hard to "get" right and Lindsay pulled it off. :)
SO looking forward to The Classy Crooks Club, Fridays with the Wizard, and Truthwitch too!
These look so good, I'm glad I did my TBR post or it would be double its size. Hope you enjoy them all. I'm really looking forward to Hour of the Bees.
This is a great list, Brenda! I am excited about reading Counting Thyme and Hour of the Bees as well! I just ordered Truthwitch and can't wait for it to arrive.
Sounds great! Thanks for stopping by.
I Know, don't they just look wonderful? Thanks for stopping by.
My TBR is Always toppling over, but still love looking at and reading books. So many creative people out there!
I'll have to check your blog and see what you think of them. They all sound so good.
I'm off to add Gertie's Leap to my list, too!
I've only read Truthwitch, but it was freaking amazing. I hope you'll love it. Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my TTT earlier. :)
Another great list of books to add for my granddaughter. Thank you!
Thanks Fee, I really hope your granddaughter enjoys them!
Thanks for commenting Petra, good to hear that you really liked Truthwitch.
I know right? Who can pass up a book that is compared to Ramona?Thanks for commenting Deb.
Finding Perfect looks really good. I've added that one now too!
Soooo many great books! I have some of these on my list already and it looks like I need to add more! I also have to catch up with the Jessica Day George series. I read the first one and enjoyed it!
Looks like I will be adding some of them to my TBR too specially Crown of Three: The Lost Realm and The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, aged 13 3/4; it sounds so much fun and ring a Harry Potter's memory inside my head...
Post a Comment