Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Armchair BookExpo Day #1 Introductions & Best Practices

If I had a bucket list,  BookExpo in New York would definitely be on there.  I can't imagine being at the biggest annual trade show where everything centers on nothing but books, book bloggers and the like.  I did partially follow along Armchair Book Expo last year, saw lots of bloggers commenting about their visit and so this year took the plunge and decided to participate. 

Today's Topic is Introductions 

I am Brenda from Big Sky Country, aka Montana.  I enjoy reading middle-grade and YA fantasy while sipping a cup of hot coffee with my cat snuggling nearby.   (My cat's very vocal when it comes to our reading time).  When I'm not reading, my other interests include playing Dungeons & Dragons Online with my husband, watching Twitch TV streamers and playing board games with my family.  


My favorite authors include J.K. Rowlings, Jaqueline West, John David Anderson, Joshua Khan, Jessica Lawson, Natalie Llyod, Maggie Stiefvater, Jonathan Stroud, Becky Albertalli, Jay Kristoff, Sage Blackwood...I could go on and on.

My current read is The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas which fit into my book blogging goals this year of reading more books from diverse authors and contemporary YA's. It's been on the New York Times bestseller list for a few weeks and is well deserved. 

My Summer plans are to dwindle down that TBR pile sitting by my bedside table, float in the lake, camp and spend quality time with my kiddo.   

My social media is this here blog, Goodreads and I'm also Log Cabin Library on Twitter  I spend way too much time on Twitter, but it keeps me up to date on most happenings with the authors that I follow.  

My favorite thing to do when I travel is to visit the bookstores.  We have one used bookstore in town which on occasion has something that I would like to read, but most of the books I read come from the library or are purchased online.  

Best Practices: 
This includes everything from time management, to the use of social media. 

For me this is keeping a balance between time spent on Twitter, with the writing, editing, posting of reviews and reading.   I also alternate between books that I'm reviewing for authors/publishers with books from the library, and one's that I've purchased.  Most important to me is communicating back to any emails that I receive in a timely manner and following up with cross posting to Goodreads, and a Tweet about the post.  


Happy Day#1 to everyone participating in Armchair BookExpo!

12 comments:

  1. I'm 6 of 7 on the holds list for The Hate U Give. Two posts: Introductions and Best Practices

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy day 1! thanks for the introduction - I too really enjoy board games - do you have a fave?

    http://cover2coverblog.blogspot.com/2017/05/armchair-book-expo-day-1-introductions.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, I hope I can make a dent in my TBR this summer! I joined the Mount TBR challenge at the beginning of the year and was doing well but I've hit a slump. Maybe summer reading can give me a boost!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "alternate between books that I'm reviewing for authors/publishers with books from the library, and one's that I've purchased": I also aim at that balance

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love checking out bookstores in other places! It's so exciting to find new treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog - I was glad to see your familiar name on the Armchair Book Expo list as well. Enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was in Montana for the first time ever last summer (Bozeman) -- WOW so beautiful!!

    Have a great BEA week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "My Summer plans are to dwindle down that TBR pile..." Same! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My niece lived in Big Sky...fun.

    Nice list of authors.

    Have a fun week, and nice to meet you.

    http://www.armchairbea.com/2017/05/daily-reminders-link-up-introductions.html?showComment=1496325116734#c2053947356411312669

    ReplyDelete
  10. Visiting bookstores while travelling is also something I enjoy doing. (I have to restrain myself from spending too much money at them!) Time management is really key in blogging, hey? I think it's something I can always work on improving...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy to see you here at Armchair! I hope you enjoy Hate. I felt like the dialogue was very true.

    ReplyDelete