Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Love That Were Written Over Ten Years Ago.

 Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.  This week's prompt is Books I Love That Were Written Over Ten Years Ago.  I decided to go back to some of the first books that I reviewed on Goodreads, so there is a mixture of books that I read with my kiddo (have special meaning) and ones that I adore.                                                                                                         

 

      Beyond the Deepwoods is the fourth book in The Edge Chronicles by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell  It is my favorite book in the series.  It reminds me a lot of Redwall by Brian Jacques which is a book that I've loved for a long time.  


                                                       
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan was one of the first audiobook series that I completed all of the books in the series, I've even gone back and read the books as well.  The Magic Thief: Lost by Sarah Prineas was one of the first books that I received through the Harper Collins First Look giveaways.  It's the book that introduced me to Goodreads and helped to start me on my blogging journey.  

How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell and Sir Fartsalot by Kevin Bolger are two of my favorite books because of the memories that they illicit.  I can't even count the number of times that I read these books aloud and the giggles that were shared over these two books.    


 

Last but not least are Frankie Pickle and the Closet of Doom by Eric Wight and Midnight For Charlie Bone by Jenny Nimmo.  Frankie Pickle is another one of those books that brought great enjoyment reading and I especially enjoyed reading the Charlie Bone series.  


Well, that's my Top Ten for today.  Feel free to check out other bloggers contributions at That Artsy Readergirl   Hopefully I'll be able to participate in these Top Ten lists a bit more and maybe even the Middle Grade Monday's.    

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these. I sort of want to The lightning thief. Some reviewers said you can learn some greek mythology from the series but I don't know.

    I saw the How to train your dragon movies and I think I should try the books but they seem to be written for much younger audience but who knows, I might try them.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thumbs up to Percy Jackson and Redwall! I like that you focused on children's books. It was such a broad topic this week, that narrowing it down seemed almost necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the How to Train Your Dragon movies. I've been told the books are a lot different, but still really good. I need to give them a go sometime soon!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had another Percy Jackson book on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/08/16/top-ten-tuesday-381/

    ReplyDelete