Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten series that I haven't finished

Top Ten Tuesday is a Meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This week's topic was Ten Series that I haven't finished yet.  Some of these series aren't finished, but I would still like to get back to them someday.  


1.  Rodrick Rules #2 from Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
I enjoyed the first one tremendously, but why did I not continue?  My kiddo dropped off at book six.  We did so enjoy reading this though.   

2.  The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
Sad to say, but I haven't read all of this series yet, despite having the whole set,  I really have no excuse.  

3.  The Heroes Guide to Being an Outlaw #3 from The League of Princes by Christopher Healy 
It's the last one, one to go and then I've read the whole series.  Why did I miss this one?  I loved the others so.  Have to check the library and put it on hold.  

4.  The Last Ever After #3 from The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani
I'm so close to finishing this series too.  

5.  Rose and the Lost Princess #2 by Holly Webb
I've also missed out on books 3 and 4.  

6.  The Grimm Conclusion #3 from A Tale Dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz
agghh, another book that I am one away from completing the series.  

7.  Gustav Gloom and the Four Terrors Book 3 and Book 4 Gustav Gloom and the Cryptic Carousel by Adam-Troy Castro
Here's a link to my review for the first book in the series, in case you want to check it out.  I have plans to read these two for Halloween.  Such a great MG creepy book.   

8. How to Seize a Dragon's Jewel Book #10 from the How to Train Your Dragon series by Cressida Cowell 

9.  The House of Hades Book #4 The Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan  
Well and book 5 and the rest of the Kane Chronicles.  But I really want to read his Norse series first.  

10.  From Little House on the Prairie series I have yet to read
Little Town on the Prairie and The First Four Years or maybe I did, but I just don't recall them and they really don't sound familiar to me at all.  

Boy, it just makes me feel sad seeing all those series up there unfinished.  I need to stop wanting to read all the books.  There must be a book expression for your eyes are bigger than your stomach that fits this situation.  What's on your list of unfinished series?  Feel free to share a link to your Top Ten Tuesday.  


5 comments:

  1. So many of these are book series I haven't finished, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you must finish Narnia & Little House - they are so worth the read! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really mean to, I hate leaving things undone. Thanks for stopping by Carrie.

      Delete
  3. 'Tsundoku.' It's a Japanese word that means 'letting books pile up in one's room so much that the owner never gets a chance to read all of them'. ^_^

    ReplyDelete