Top Ten Tuesday is a Meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish This week's Top Ten Tuesday is a Freebie, or pick whatever topic you want. I decided that I would review my resolutions from last year and come up with some new ones (in bold). So in no particular order... here are my resolutions from last year.....
1. To read more diverse books- I think I met my goal last year thanks to http://weneeddiversebooks.org/ and my actively looking and putting holds at the library. One of my favorites last year was Lily and Dunkin by Donna Gephart. I think this will always be a goal for me to include.
2. To read more classics-Last year I was only able to read a handful, Ellen Tebbits, Mary Poppins Comes Back, Ramona The Pest and a new favorite Emily of New Moon. This year my plans are to re-read Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan.
3. To read at least 100 books- I squeaked past 100, with the help of all my reading for the Cybils. I came in at 123 in fact. 100 is a nice round number, so I'm going to shoot for that again this year. Especially since I'm getting off to a slow start.
4. Finish some of the books that I own- I did a pretty good job in reading a few books that I received or bought, taking about two books off of the stack (Beneath and Hunters Chaos). This is always such a hard goal for me. Mostly cause I keep adding books to the ever leaning tower of books, but now I'm also purchasing books for the kiddo that I want to read. Things like A Monster Calls and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children , but I am going to shoot for reading more again this year.
5. Read more YA- I planned on reading Dumplin and Truthwitch. I did read Dumplin but also read Six of Crows, Dreamers Often Lie, Crown of Midnight, Nevernight and Blue Lily Lily Blue. I so missed reading YA and this year have plans to read the sequel to Nevernight (no title yet) and to finally read The Raven King.
6. To weed my Goodreads TBR list down to about 300- At the time this seemed reasonable. I did have quite a few books that I probably wasn't going to read anymore, and did get rid of a few picture books that I had on the list, but I'm sitting at 596 books and steadily climbing. Oh well, I've given up on this one for now.
7. To read more science fiction- This is another goal that I didn't really get too last year. I still want to keep this on the list though.
8. To read at least one non-fiction book- I finally found that book I was thinking of, The Boys Who Challenged Hitler. It's the only non-fiction book that I read last year, but I really did enjoy it. I plan to modify this one into reading one Mystery book this year. It's another genre that I haven't read in a long time and my kiddo has been asking for some good books. If you have any YA Mystery suggestions, I'm certainly open to any recommendations.
9&10. To finally read the Illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. (I used to re-read these books each year, but for the past two years I just haven't gotten to it). And to draw in my Harry Potter Colouring Book Nope didn't happen, I'm not certain why either. I did color in an animal coloring book and it was quite enjoyable. I just couldn't bring myself to mark up my Harry Potter one. I'm still planning on reading either my Illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone or re-reading The Chamber of Secrets this year.
Overall, I came in somewhere around 6/10 goals met. Some I felt like I made progress on but others I'm nowhere near accomplishing (cutting down on my Goodreads TBR). It's hopeless, or too daunting or I don't know, maybe it doesn't matter to me that much. One thing I did notice was that it was nice making out some goals for the year and seeing how I did. Did you make out any bookish resolutions this year? Now on to another year of fun reading for me!