Tuesday, August 2, 2016

TTT: Ten Books I'd Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed Me A Fully Loaded Gift Card

Top Ten Tuesday is a Meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish  This week's Top Ten Tuesday is Ten Books I'd buy right this second if someone handed me a fully loaded gift card.  A gift card sure would come in handy right about now, I've got so many books on my wish list.  My list is going to be a mixture of books, with some publishing soon and other older books.  

1.  Insert Coin to Continue by John David Anderson releases September 20th, 2016   Author of Ms. Bixby’s Last Day, The Dungeoneers.  I first heard of this via Ms. 

Yingling Reads.  It seems to have action/adventure, video games.  
28954110

2 & 3 are two books releasing in 2017. 

The Problem Children by Natalie Lloyd a middle-grade series about seven strange siblings, all born on a different day of the week, and the neighbors who keep trying to tear their family apart.  

The Great Hibernation of St. Polonius on the Fjord by Tara Dairman     a middle-grade novel set in an isolated community, following the chaos and comic adventures that take place after the traditional tasting of the Sacred Bear Liver goes horribly awry. 


4.  The Creeping Shadow by Jonathan Stroud releases on September 13th.  One of my must buy authors.
23922381


 

5.  The Scourge by Jennifer A. Nielsen releasing August 30th, 2016.  Nielsen is another author on my must buy list and I really like the premise of Scourge.    

28669595



8.  Tell me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum published April 5th 2016 Contemporary YA.  With a gift card, I can splurge and get something I typically would only look for at the library.  
25893582


9. Don't get Caught Let the Prank War Begin by Kurt Dinan released April 1st 2016 I'd purchase this if only for this reference "A mix of Ocean's 11 meets The Breakfast Club."  
24157427


10.  Peter Pan and Wendy by J.M. Barrie  I really want to add this to my classics collection.  I've been trying to add at least one new one per year.  
38677


So what books would make it on your list if you had a fully loaded gift card? Feel free to comment or leave your Top Ten Tuesday link in the comments.  

10 comments:

  1. I always love your choices. The creeping shadows will be a masterpiece
    for sure. Also, the Scourge is on my TBR.
    Oh! I think I have Peter Pan somewhere between my classic books; now you remind me that I was suppose to start it a year ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't Get Caught is on my TBR!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/08/02/top-ten-tuesday-68/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell Me Three Things---Yes, I liked that one very much. I'd get it first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I read Tell Me Three Things a while ago and it was pretty interesting.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to start the Lockwood & Co series asap. And I'm definitely interested in The Scourge as well. I hope you get to read at least some of these soon. Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my TTT earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the Peter Pan and Wendy book is so pretty! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Other than #10 I want to read all of these books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right now my list is SO long. But- some of the ones you mentioned sound interesting to me (Natalie Lloyd's book for sure). I still have to get HP and the Cursed Child. It is the first time I haven't gotten my HP book the night it came out- but I am trying to force myself to get through a few more books I have at home first. I will say it is upping my reading for sure. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All my lists are sooo long too, but still I keep trying to chip away at them.

      Delete