This week's topic: Ten Authors I REALLY Want To Meet
1. JK Rowling wouldn't it be so fun to sit down and chat with JK Rowling? To chat over everything Harry Potter, her life etc. We'd have to be in England and I envision us chatting over tea about Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
2. Maggie Stiefvater she has such a wonderful online presence on Twitter. I think I am probably much to shy to really go up and meet her, if she was ever in my home town, but she seems like such a cool person. I think I would just love to sit back and watch her draw or work on her mural. Seriously have you seen her Sharpie Guitar for The Raven Boys?
3. Shelby Bach she lives over in Portland Oregon, so not a stretch that I could meet her someday. She always seems so kind and sweet online. Very giving to her fans. I'd love to chat about fairytales with her. She is very knowledgeable and we could have some great conversations about The Ever After series.
4. Jacqueline West she's the author of one of my favorite series, The Books of Elsewhere. She just had a beautiful baby boy not to long ago and I'd love to bring him a gift, and a bone for Brom Bones. She lives in Red Wing, Minnesota but I know she likes to visit New Orleans, so maybe meet up there. Have some Beignets, take a tour of the city, maybe have a Poor Boy for lunch. Hey if I'm going to think about meeting my favorite authors, might as well go BIG!
5. Tara Dairman again someone who it wouldn't be a stretch to see someday. Tara is another author who is so nice online, she wrote All Four Stars and Stars of Summer. She's traveled to like 74 countries, so I bet she has some stories to tell and being a foodie I know we would be eating something good while talking.
6. Holly Black and Tony Diterlizzi Okay this is cheating a little bit, cause I listed two, but these are for my kiddo and me. They co-wrote The Spiderwick Chronicles, my child's first series that was read independently. This is "that" book, the one that went everywhere, became dog eared, was loved. The one that we got out of a Cheerios's box while we were an expat in Egypt and I had to scrounge through every box and hope to find the next one in the series. This was the beginning of my reader, so I just want to thank them.
7. Bruce Cambell author of If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor. Okay, cheating again cause I heard him read from his book once at a book signing, and I got a picture with him. He was hilarious, if you've ever seen the Evil Dead movies he was Ash. I imagine a fun conversation.
8. Shannon Messenger lives in So Cal, she's another author who's Twitter feed is always fun to follow. I'd love to watch her draw, sit and chat about Keeper of the Lost Cities while hanging out in Disneyland.
9. Stephen King I would love to meet him and chat about writing, his books, life, but I know I would be way to nervous. I've seen him read from his book and really enjoyed it, he's a great storyteller.
10. Rick Riordan author of Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus, and his upcoming Magnus Chase & the Gods of Asgard. Ahh, I want to talk about Asgard. Yes please.