Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten All Time Favorites



                                 This week's topic: Ten Books You Would Classify As ALL TIME
                                  FAVORITE BOOKS from the past 3 to 5 years. 


This was a very hard choice, complicated by the fact that I tried to mix up the years a little bit. I posted the years in which they were published, but I read so many books within each of those years that I absolutely loved too.  
2012

13449693
 The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater   I've really enjoyed the Raven Boys series.  It has a whole Dead Poets Society vibe to me and love the friendship that Blue shares with the boys.  


13187162






Of Giants and Ice by Shelby Bach   I'm a sucker for middle grade fantasy and loved the premise that everyone in the story is a character in a fairy tale and they are waiting for their tale to begin.  Shelby Bach demonstrates a love for fairy tales in her stories and I like her twist on them. 

12432220 
Fantasy adventure at its greatest.  I love Sage's willful, playful personality and he's so cunning.  Nielsen has a way of twisting and turning the plot and this is one of my all time favorite stories.  I could re-read it over and over again.   





13576316


I adored Fernie from the first moment she came over to Gustav's wearing her green Werewolf pajamas and Frankenstein monster slippers, she is just so adorable. I even love Gustav who is sad, wears a black suit with a black tie and looks like he should be at a funeral. A fun creepy series.  






2013

81135121742865313549523

These three were on my list of favorite heroines from last week.   I really enjoyed the magical poisonous weaponry of Poison and the bantering that occurs between Kyra and Fred.  Lockwood is creepy and funny and has sword battles against ghosts.  What's not to love?  I love Renee de Winter's convictions in The Cadet of Tildor and how strong and determined she is.  


2014

17165924Ice Dogs by Terry Lynn Johnson   I was really drawn into the dog sledding and life during the winter in Alaska. You really get immersed in the feel of the snow storm and it is a gripping story.  

13598351All Four Stars by Tara Dairman had me with the opening creme brulee incident.  Glady's is an awesome character and I love her passion for cooking.  When I pick up Dairman's books, I know she will inspire me to be more creative with my own cooking.  



18667875Magical cats, a girl who puts on magical glasses to enter paintings and a strong friendship.  What I love most about the whole series is that there is the right amount of creepiness, with beautifully descriptive, poetic words that conjure up such wonderful images.   "Twists of black crepe paper threaded the warm air, where the smells of popcorn and caramel mingled in a sugary fog..." 






All Time Favorite, which should be no surprise:

3


So, What are some of your favorites from the last three years?






5 comments:

  1. We both have All Four Stars! I've heard wonderful things about The False Prince and I'm really interested in Poison. This is a great and diverse list! -Katie @ Bookish Illuminations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read The False Prince, it is a wonderful series. I really must read Marie Rutkoski's YA series sometime, I enjoyed her MG.

      Delete
  2. I decided to wait to start the Raven cycle until all the books are out so as to maintain my sanity. I have too many ongoing series already, but I"m so looking forward to starting it. And yay for The Screaming Staircase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved False Prince!! Great series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, False Prince. I picked a few series for mine too, otherwise it would have been so hard.

      Delete