Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Series I've Been Meaning To Start But Haven't







Apparently, I read a lot of books that are part of a series.  Now whether I've read the next book is a whole nother thing.  I also seem to have quite a few YA series that I'm hoping to read.   Here are ten that I've been meaning to start or one's I need to finish already.  


1.  I really love Maggie Stiefvater's The Raven Cycle series but have yet to start any of the books in the Mercy Fall's series.   

6068551    6654313   9409458

2.  Megan Whalen Turner's The Queen's Thief series.  Now I've read the first book, The Thief but really need to get back to reading the rest.  

40158  40159  6527841  8306741

3.  I've always liked the look of Danielle Paige's Dorothy Must Die series.  I know nearly nothing about this series, but that title has me really curious.  

 18053060  18602341  18602406
4.  Rachel Hawkins Rebel Belle series.  Aren't these covers intriguing and oh so gorgeous?  A Southern high school with sassy characters.  


84755052246560525518205


5.  Evelyn Skye's The Crown's Game series.  Another series that I hardly know anything about, except that it's set in Russia and has a magical duel.  

 26156203  27211901

6.  From Goodreads:  "She’s more gunpowder than girl—and the fate of the desert lies in her hands."  I'm really interested in the setting and finding out more about that gunslinging girl.

 24934065  29739361

7.  My kiddo read the first book and enjoyed it.  I've been looking for a mystery and this seems like a good fit.  

23272028  30256105

8.  Another series with strong female characters that I want to know more about.

21414439  29939390

9.  I 've read the entire Percy Jackson and The Olympians series,  the first three of The Heroes of Olympus series, and only the first book in the Red Pyramid series.  After that, there were too many for me to keep up.   I have so many of his series that I need to get back to reading.  The Trials of Apollo is one that comes to mind. 

26252859  30145666

9.  The Greenglass House seems like it's a book right up my alley.  From Goodreads: " A rambling old inn, a strange map, an attic packed with treasures, squabbling guests, theft, friendship, and an unusual haunting mark this smart middle-grade mystery in the tradition of the Mysterious Benedict Society books and Blue Balliet's Chasing Vermeer series."

18222716  29540279

What series would make your list?  Feel free to leave your Top Ten Tuesday link in the comments and I'll check it out.

10 comments:

  1. I just bought The Crown's Game. I've heard so many good things about the series but have yet to pick them up. I, also, know nothing about the series other than it's set in Russia. I hope you enjoy them! Great list! Happy reading! Here's my Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can attest to the absolute awesomeness of Rebel in the Sands; the first book was amazing. I loved the way it meshed the time period, setting, and mythology. <3
    So many people have recommend Turner's series to me, but I still haven't gotten around to them. Sigh. Too many books...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? When they all are up there it feels so daunting. I just need more time for reading :(

      Delete
  3. Ah so many great series that are still on my TBR as well! I read and loved The Crown's Game but still have to read The Crown's Fate. Same with Truthwitch. Hope you'll get to all of these some time soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved seeing your list. I really recommend you read Megan Whalen Turner's series. It's fantastic. I'm reading Thick as Thieves now, my first non-adult book in a few years and really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to read Rebel Of The Sands! Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Crown's Game and Rebel of the Sands are super good! And yay for finding someone else who needs to read the rest of the Queen's Thief series. I own the second and third books, so hopefully I can get to them soon...and you can too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Mercy Falls series has been on my list forever. I have also been wanting to read The Greenglass House. Didn't realize there was a second book. Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rebel of The Sands is so good! The Trials of Apollo books are also a lot of fun (though you'll need to finish Heroes of Olympus first as it continues on from them). The Crown's Game is pretty good, a little slow to start though. I wasn't that keen on A Study In Charlotte, it was good, but I've read better detective stories. Dorothy Must Die and Truthwitch are both on my TBR.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/20/top-ten-tuesday-112/

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of the biggest appeals of a series to me is the beauty of the similar book covers on each book in the series. Why is it that books in a series have especially lovely covers?

    ReplyDelete